Pilot Season: Twilight Guardian #1 -- Bought on a whim, I was thoroughly charmed by this comic about a super-heroine who only patrols her immeadeate neighborhood. Basically, it's really about all the weird things you can see as a pedestrian at 2:00 in the morning, as seen thru the eyes of a woman who's out their every morning looking for crime and never finding it. Also, she reads lots of comics (and watches lots of police procedural TV shows).
This story has lots of little humorous touches that i really enjoyed. Here's a few:
- A golden age super-hero whose main weapon is his Cape of Good Hope!
- Nazi catgirl Fraulein Feline!
- Telepathic Arabic super-villain Abdullah Oblongata!
- evidence of snail racing
- rewards of Tupperwear or marital aids
- the usefulness of deer jerky and ninja climbing claws
Well, that's only one comic, but it's time for bed. I will say that I also recommend Dark Ivory #2, Justice League of America #21 and Madame Mirage #6, but I am more reserved about American Dream #2 and Tangent: Superman's Reign #3...